"Luxury safari vacations custom designed by Opulent Africa so that your safari holiday in Africa is unique to you."
- Luxury Authentic Botswana Safaris.
- Walking safaris in Zambia.
- Family Safaris.
- Where will a safari vacation take you?
- How Children benefit from a family safari.
- Malawi for a different luxury safari vacation.
- Safari and the city.
- Planning a holiday in Africa
- Specialist safaris - private vehicles
- Planning a luxury safari.
- A Good Guide makes a Luxury Safari.
- Photographic Safaris - Private Vehicles.
- Botswana Safaris - Nxai Pan.
- Family Safaris - Young Children
- The best time to go on Safari.
- Safaris for the girls.
- South Africa Safari Tours
- African Safaris - A dream to a reality.
- What is a Safari camp?
- Are luxury safaris worth it?.
- African Safari Adventures.
- The South Luangwa Safari camps.
- Gorilla Safaris Explained.
The Aberdare National Park
Why take a luxury safari in the Aberdare National Park in Kenya
The Aberdare National Park was founded in 1950 and covers 767 square kilometres of the Aberdare mountain range just 160kilometres north of Nairobi. The park is remote with just two exclusive safari lodges to choose from which offer a very personal and luxury safari in Kenya.
The park is the highest in Africa and the mountain ranges soar to around 14,000 ft before falling into deep valleys with streams and cascading rivers teeming with trout. The landscape here is very diverse with a fantastic range of flora and fauna. The Aberdare rainforest areas are home to an array animals such as elephant, buffalo, giant forest hog the endangered Black Rhino and also the Bongo a rare and elusive forest antelope.
At 10,000 ft. the bamboo forests fall away into moorland, home to the eland, spotted and melanistic serval cats. Gameviewing in the Aberdare is very rewarding you are likely to see lion and leopard to baboon and black and white colobus and sykes monkeys are frequent sightings. Occasionally there are sightings of the Golden Cat. The park is also a bird spotters paradise with over 250 species recorded, including Jackson's Francolin, sparrow hawk, African goshawk, eagles, sunbirds and plovers.
The Aberdare national park is ideal for a walking safari in Kenya in addition you can enjoy fantastic game drives, fishing and horseriding in this stunningly scenic surroundings. The landscape is vast, diverse and emits the very strong feeling of remote Kenya in essence.