"Luxury safari vacations custom designed by Opulent Africa so that your safari holiday in Africa is unique to you."
- Luxury Authentic Botswana Safaris.
- Walking safaris in Zambia.
- Family Safaris.
- Where will a safari vacation take you?
- How Children benefit from a family safari.
- Malawi for a different luxury safari vacation.
- Safari and the city.
- Planning a holiday in Africa
- Specialist safaris - private vehicles
- Planning a luxury safari.
- A Good Guide makes a Luxury Safari.
- Photographic Safaris - Private Vehicles.
- Botswana Safaris - Nxai Pan.
- Family Safaris - Young Children
- The best time to go on Safari.
- Safaris for the girls.
- South Africa Safari Tours
- African Safaris - A dream to a reality.
- What is a Safari camp?
- Are luxury safaris worth it?.
- African Safari Adventures.
- The South Luangwa Safari camps.
- Gorilla Safaris Explained.
The traditional Kenya safari, luxury tented camps on the rolling plains...
Kenya Safari. Luxury or rustic romance?
Kenya as a safari desintation generally inspires images of minibuses crammed full of tourists angling for the best views and pictures of game. However in more recent years luxury safari operators have located remote area's that are now set up with fantastic luxury lodges and camps to enjoy far from the madding crowd.
Kenya is a spectacular country for your luxury safari. With the rolling plains of the Masai Mara stretching far into the distance, wide lakes full of numerous waterbird species in the Rift Valley that are flanked by Mount Kenya and the Meru National Park and the more northern reaches of Samburu and Lake Turkana, Kenya offers great landscape diversity.
With your own private vehicle and guide you are free to explore the far reaches of the parks in search of which ever animal you are yet to see. Passing through this breathtaking scenic country with a highly expert guide at hand is absolutely the best way to see Kenya
Why Kenya for a luxury safari?
Kenya is usually thought of as being more suitable to families or first time safari goers. There are plenty of safari camps just an hour or so by light aircraft from Nairobi making transfers into camp very straight forward indeed.
Kenya has wonderful camps in both easy to reach locations and in more remote parts.
Flying from camp to camp is the easiest option in Kenya. There are some fabulous lodges and camps in remote spots far from the beaten track offering the complete luxury of privacy and individual experience. Most of the camps that we use are reachable by a short picturesque light aircraft flight from which you will be greeted by your guide and whisked to camp across the plains, taking in the scenery and wildlife that suddenly surrounds you.
The best time for your luxury safari in Kenya
Kenya is fantastic as a safari location any month however there are long rains between April and May to consider. Just a month or two later, with the replenishing rains stirring the grasses of the Mara plains you will see an immense influx of Wildebeest and Zebra as the infamous Migration forges across the Grumeti River from Tanzania into Kenya.