"Luxury safari vacations custom designed by Opulent Africa so that your safari holiday in Africa is unique to you."
- Luxury Authentic Botswana Safaris.
- Walking safaris in Zambia.
- Family Safaris.
- Where will a safari vacation take you?
- How Children benefit from a family safari.
- Malawi for a different luxury safari vacation.
- Safari and the city.
- Planning a holiday in Africa
- Specialist safaris - private vehicles
- Planning a luxury safari.
- A Good Guide makes a Luxury Safari.
- Photographic Safaris - Private Vehicles.
- Botswana Safaris - Nxai Pan.
- Family Safaris - Young Children
- The best time to go on Safari.
- Safaris for the girls.
- South Africa Safari Tours
- African Safaris - A dream to a reality.
- What is a Safari camp?
- Are luxury safaris worth it?.
- African Safari Adventures.
- The South Luangwa Safari camps.
- Gorilla Safaris Explained.
The Ngorongoro Crater, an impoded volcano with game now flourishing on the crater floor...
The Infamous Ngorongoro Crater
The Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania is at the heart of a conservation area that extends out into the Ngorongoro highlands. A safari in Northern Tanzania is not complete without spending a couple of days in the Ngorongoro.
The Ngorongoro Crater is the world’s largest intact caldera with a floor on 260 square kilometres with ridges that stand up to 600 metres high and home to thousands of animals and each of the Big five.
The crater floor offers a of a number of different habitats that include grassland, swamps, forests and Lake Makat, a central soda lake filled by the Munge river.
The rich diversity of these habitats provides year round provision of a place for wildlife to drink, wallow, graze, hide, hunt or climb, making for some very exciting game viewing opportunities.
The Ngorongoro Crater is also presently one of the most likely areas in Tanzania to see the endangered Black Rhino. A small yet successful population of Rhino are thriving in this idyllic and protected environment and they are one of the herds which continue to breed in the wild. The crater is home to a microcosm of East African wildlife, and it is said to be the most densely packed wildlife area in Africa.
Unsurprisingly the Ngorongoro Crater has achieved world renown, and attracts a growing number of visitors each year.