"Luxury safari vacations custom designed by Opulent Africa so that your safari holiday in Africa is unique to you."
- Luxury Authentic Botswana Safaris.
- Walking safaris in Zambia.
- Family Safaris.
- Where will a safari vacation take you?
- How Children benefit from a family safari.
- Malawi for a different luxury safari vacation.
- Safari and the city.
- Planning a holiday in Africa
- Specialist safaris - private vehicles
- Planning a luxury safari.
- A Good Guide makes a Luxury Safari.
- Photographic Safaris - Private Vehicles.
- Botswana Safaris - Nxai Pan.
- Family Safaris - Young Children
- The best time to go on Safari.
- Safaris for the girls.
- South Africa Safari Tours
- African Safaris - A dream to a reality.
- What is a Safari camp?
- Are luxury safaris worth it?.
- African Safari Adventures.
- The South Luangwa Safari camps.
- Gorilla Safaris Explained.
Coastal town of namibia's first settlers...
The Germanic roots of Swakopmund
Swakopmund; a coastal town to the southern reaches of the Skeleton Coast. Bavarian roof tops and spires pointing into the skyline with the backdrop of the surging Atlantic Ocean.
The town’s Germanic roots exude a Bohemian and Bavarian feel. Home to an eclectic mix of artists, hippies, more traditional descendants of German settlers, Herero women in Victorian dress, miners, game rangers and fishermen, Swakopmund is a rich melting pot of romance and history with both old and new influences.
In addition to town tours and fabulous seafood restaurants from Swakopmund there are opportunities to take morning boat trips that set sail from Walvis Bay to see the bottle nosed dolphins, seals, pelicans, and flamingos amongst other marine life. Alternatively there are the coastal reaches, birders Paradise, the Kuiseb Delta and the most dramatic Desert shoreline on the way to Sandwich harbour. This is an ecological, ornithological and scenic phenomenon, and tells the story of Namibia’s intriguing whaling history.
Swakopmund is a popular coastal town with many tourist attractions and a pleasant climate in summer. In Swakopmund you can enjoy town tours, fishing trips, tours to Namib Naukluft park (Welwitschia Mirabilis, Moon landscape), museums, the snake park, sandboarding, parasailing and hot air ballooning.
Even a simple drive along the stunning dune-lined coastline is a afternoon well spent, whether you go south to Walvis Bay (30 km) or to the National West Coast Recreation Area in the north you will not be disappointed.