"Luxury safari vacations custom designed by Opulent Africa so that your safari holiday in Africa is unique to you."
Manda BayKenya's well kept secret a gorgeous little island home to just one lodge.
An expansive sandy beachRelax on your terrace and watch the tide retreat
Manda Bay by nightWonderful evenings dining on the beach or by a lantern lit pool.
Fantastic watersportsManda Bay is perfect for diving, water-skiing and fishing off of the coast of Kenya
- Luxury Authentic Botswana Safaris.
- Walking safaris in Zambia.
- Family Safaris.
- Where will a safari vacation take you?
- How Children benefit from a family safari.
- Malawi for a different luxury safari vacation.
- Safari and the city.
- Planning a holiday in Africa
- Specialist safaris - private vehicles
- Planning a luxury safari.
- A Good Guide makes a Luxury Safari.
- Photographic Safaris - Private Vehicles.
- Botswana Safaris - Nxai Pan.
- Family Safaris - Young Children
- The best time to go on Safari.
- Safaris for the girls.
- South Africa Safari Tours
- African Safaris - A dream to a reality.
- What is a Safari camp?
- Are luxury safaris worth it?.
- African Safari Adventures.
- The South Luangwa Safari camps.
- Gorilla Safaris Explained.
Idyllic islands off of the Kenyan coast...
Manda Bay Kenyan coast
Manda Bay is a small exclusive beach lodge located on the northern tip of Manda Island in the Lamu Archipelago.
Surrounded by palm trees on a stretch of white sand beach, Manda Bay is just a twenty minute boat ride from the cultural Swahili town of Lamu.
There are just sixteen spacious cottages strung out along the sea front with views out across the Indian Ocean. All of the rooms are constructed from local wood and thatch and built on concrete platforms. The cottages are spacious and open plan giving you views of the ocean from you bed. All of the rooms have en-suite bathroom with twin basin, shower and a private veranda as well as a fridge.
Meals are served either in the dining room, on the beach in front of the property or on Manda Bay’s own traditional sailing dhow. Local Swahili chefs prepare a delightful blend of local and international cuisine with fresh seafood straight from the ocean, delivered by the local fishermen.
Activities at Manda Bay include water-skiing, sailing and kite-surfing as well as wind-surfing with tuition for beginners. The bay is sheltered and provides safety for learners whilst for the more experienced there is the challenge of the open ocean. Deep-sea fishing at Manda Bay is world class with Marlin and Sailfish in abundance in the channels surrounding the island.
Sight seeing is wonderful for guests based at Manda Bay and there are five motor- Boats on hand to take you along for snorkelling trips on the pristine coral reefs, to the ancient 11th Century Takwa ruins or into the nearby town of Lamu on the main- land.