"Luxury safari vacations custom designed by Opulent Africa so that your safari holiday in Africa is unique to you."
Savuti camp game viewingSavuti camp is famed for it's superb herds of elephant.
Savuti camp bedroomEnjoy views from your room out into the concession.
- Luxury Authentic Botswana Safaris.
- Walking safaris in Zambia.
- Family Safaris.
- Where will a safari vacation take you?
- How Children benefit from a family safari.
- Malawi for a different luxury safari vacation.
- Safari and the city.
- Planning a holiday in Africa
- Specialist safaris - private vehicles
- Planning a luxury safari.
- A Good Guide makes a Luxury Safari.
- Photographic Safaris - Private Vehicles.
- Botswana Safaris - Nxai Pan.
- Family Safaris - Young Children
- The best time to go on Safari.
- Safaris for the girls.
- South Africa Safari Tours
- African Safaris - A dream to a reality.
- What is a Safari camp?
- Are luxury safaris worth it?.
- African Safari Adventures.
- The South Luangwa Safari camps.
- Gorilla Safaris Explained.
See the elephants of the Savuti in Botswana...
Savuti Camp in Botswana
Savuti Camp is situated on a large isolated part of the Linyanti Concession along a shaded ridge overlooking the Savuti Channel.
A few decades ago the Savute channel was deep and clear home to hundreds of hippo and crocodiles yet it has since dried up due to changes in the Linyanti fault system. All that is now left is a belt of lush grassland that serves as a feeding corridor for many animals. Of course where there are herbivores there are big cats too. This area on the outer edge of the Kalahari is famous for excellent game viewing.
Elephant, plains game and lion wander across the Savuti Channel and sometimes even come close to camp. As the reserve is private, when staying at Savuti camp you can enjoy game viewing in a wide variety of ways by day and night game drives, nature walks with a guide and there are also several well-positioned hides for safe and very up-close animal viewing. Savuti Camp also has a fabulous 'wood-pile hide' at the waterhole in front of camp which is just the place for some spectacular elephant viewing in the drier winter months.
Savuti is an intimate camp and it has just seven large en-suite walk-in tents that are raised off the ground and face onto the Savute Channel's grasslands. From the camp's thatched dining area and bar, a plunge pool and large viewing area with fire pit extend outwards on raised wooden decks towards the Channel, providing a wonderful view of the waterhole.
Game concentrations here are high, particularly in the winter dry season, and apart from abundant plains game, species such as roan and sable antelope, southern giraffe, lion, leopard, cheetah, spotted hyena, black-backed jackal and wild dog may also be encountered. In winter, this area can also be excellent for the sought-after aardvark and aardwolf.