"Luxury safari vacations custom designed by Opulent Africa so that your safari holiday in Africa is unique to you."
Beach dining in the shadeSoft powder sand under foot whilst enjoy exquisite meals on the beach
Vamizi Island villa interiorsFour poster kingsize beds with soft Egyptian cotton and billowing muslin drapes
Vamizi IslandLuxury in a remote idyllic setting, visited by just a few
- Luxury Authentic Botswana Safaris.
- Walking safaris in Zambia.
- Family Safaris.
- Where will a safari vacation take you?
- How Children benefit from a family safari.
- Malawi for a different luxury safari vacation.
- Safari and the city.
- Planning a holiday in Africa
- Specialist safaris - private vehicles
- Planning a luxury safari.
- A Good Guide makes a Luxury Safari.
- Photographic Safaris - Private Vehicles.
- Botswana Safaris - Nxai Pan.
- Family Safaris - Young Children
- The best time to go on Safari.
- Safaris for the girls.
- South Africa Safari Tours
- African Safaris - A dream to a reality.
- What is a Safari camp?
- Are luxury safaris worth it?.
- African Safari Adventures.
- The South Luangwa Safari camps.
- Gorilla Safaris Explained.
soft powder sand, still azure waters a jewel of Mozambique..
Vamizi Island Lodge is an exquisite luxury lodge, catering for just a handful of guests wanting to step out of beautifully appointed beach villas onto powder sand to explore flourishing reefs and secret coves.
Vamizi Island sits just off of the coast of northern Mozambique in the Quirimbas Archipelago. It is one of the remaining pristine marine wilderness areas left in the Indian Ocean. After so many years, undisturbed by visitors, Vamizi is now gently opening its doors to to develop a careful balance of conservation and low key tourism.
Vamizi has just twelve beach villas, two of which have been designed with double suites to provide exclusive seclusion for families or friends. In the large airy bedrooms of the villas, 4 poster beds draped with mosquito nets and Egyptian cotton sheets offer a comfortable welcome and outside on the decking there are an assortment of sunloungers, planters chairsand Swahili day beds on which to relax during the heat of the day.
The villas are built on stilts to minimise damage to the environment, and constructed using local materials and craftmanship. The palm thatched roofs and high ceilings help keep things breezily cool.
Spread out alongside the beach is the main dining area, bar and sitting room. At sunset guests can relax in the bar which is located close to the water’s edge.
The ocean holds the key to Vamizi’s main attraction; it offers superb diving with sightings of Old Woman angelfish, Emperor angelfish and Tiger angelfish and if you are fortunate to experience a night dive rare Spanish dancers have been spotted twirling their translucent red frills against the moonlight.
In addition to diving there is of course snorkleing, big game fishing, salt-water fly-fishing, mountain bike trails, birdwalks, dhow cruises and private picnics to enjoy after you have tired of tanning on the beach.. Vamizi epitomises quality with understated elegance it is barefoot luxury at its best